Friday, August 12, 2005

Nice Day for Yard Work

Sorry to be so late blogging today.
But the weather is finally nice enough,
that I don't need fans, nor ac and I can
work outside. So after my walking to
the post office, I have been working out
there, trying to get the yard in some
kind of order. Sweetie is going to have
a party for some friends the 27th.
So now I have to get weeding seriously.

I am leaving the weedwacker for him
to do. The garden is on the down hill side.
Wasn't a good year. We usually have
great lines of fava beans. This year we
have one lone plant. Which we left so
we can use the beans for seeds for next year.
We kept one of the little bags from our
supply. But after putting them in 3 times,
Sweetie decided it was a bust and had to
admit defeat. The cabbage did great and
he has picked, grated, and soaking it for
sauerkraut. So in about 8 weeks we
should have some great stuff.

It is nice to work out side. Been the
pits not to get things done. Tried to
do it after it cooled off, but the mosquitoes
have been wicked. And I got that cute
little lantern that is suppose to keep
them at bay for 15 feet. Ha! like in NOT.
I am not like a kid any more, so I can't
just say the heck with it. Now I take them
serious. And West Nile Virus doesn't
help either. I wonder where that was
when we were kids. Sure a lot of stuff we
can't do, that we could do when we were
kids. I will have to work up a list and
do a blog on that some day.

Well, I am heading back out. Took a coffee
break, and figured I better write something.
So the yard beckons me...
Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: