Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Count Down

Well, today will be the count
down. 24 hours and we go
cold turkey. No television,
no papers.

So got to figure out what will
be our last shows to watch.
I have figured out that we will
not miss much. Only about 3
channels that we watch a lot.

We like Discover channel. My
favorite is Mythbusters. What a
great job that has to be. You get
to blow things up, while you prove
things that are rumors, are not true.

The other channel is History channel,
and National Geographic channel.

The national networks have gotten
so bad. There were a few that I liked.
Boston Legal, and House. And the
magazine programs from time to time.

I think I will miss the paper the most.
Some how reading it on line doesn't do
it justice. And I don't know if they have
the comic page online. Some how looking
at the screen as oppose to spreading the
paper across the table, with a cup of coffee,
just isn't the same.

So this will be interesting. I think the
summer will be fine... it is the winter
that will tell the story. And we are filling
in some with Netflix.

I hoping we will be more active and read
more. We shall see.

3 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

I prefer me cold turkey in a sarnie with loads of mayo or branston pickle lol

Good luck on ya small down..... and hey, who needs the telly anyways when ya can have a book and a lovely blokie to snuggle up with ;)

x

PinkAcorn said...

I've done some cold turkey myself...south of Livingston I have no TV but do Netflix. I have the basic phone service because my work requires it.I have a cell and a land line in Idaho which is a real drag. The satellite in Idaho is half the price so. of Livingston. And, yes,
I have read more books this year!!!

Idaho Dad said...

Aaaggghh! No TV, as in "no turning the TV on"??

If you just mean "no cable" then be happy that Mythbusters is released on DVD. Plus, many of the good programs on History Channel and National Geographic are also released regularly on DVD.

We're four years without cable now, and have never really missed it.