Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The day after

Well, the hustle and bustle is over...
The high and quiet of the day. And
as the children reign over their bounty,
we say good bye to another Christmas.

I hope you all had a great day with your
families... we did... Good food, some nice
presents and one super great present. Good
company... and played the Wii game. What
fun, that has to be the all time greatest present
for all the family. What a great way to get the
competitor of the family off the couch. And all
ages can play.

As we headed for home, we thought about
how lucky we are, how blessed we are.
As we drove, we saw the season's lights gleaming
in the night. And return to home for the
rest of the phone calls from family and
friends...

My top present was from my daughter.
And she enlisted the rest of the kids.
I don't know if you have seen those
frames that sit on a table or hang on
the wall.... that show in a slideshow,
pictures from different parts of your
life. That is what I got. With the help
of her siblings sending emails of
pictures... I now have a on going
slide show of my family. Children,
grandchildren, great grandchildren,
weddings, my parents..both sets
that I claim. What a wonderful gift.

Now to the treadmill to walk off some
of the food, and looking forward to
putting another year to bed.... in
a week from now. And start an
fresh new one...

No comments: