Friday, November 05, 2010

Why I love living in Bonner County, Idaho.......

The snow is back, as some of us locals know, for a week.... but will there be more on Tuesday?While taking that picture of the snow in the mountains... at my feet were the Johnny Pop-ups as some call them.. Tiny violets is what I call them..

And this is an unsolicited commercial.... I got one of those coupon books a couple weeks ago..
In there was a new place I had not heard of... so I venture out to check it out. It is where
the old Northern Lights building use to be. There is about 3 places there in one building.
One called the DISH, one is called SUBWAY and this new one is called BABS... I tell you,
the food was wonderful.. got a pizza and something called a Stromboli. The King
said the pizza was great.... got him his favorite Meat Lovers... I ordered the Stromboli for
myself... I am here to tell you it was to die for... Never heard of it. There have several
East Coast type foods... Hero sandwiches.. (haven't heard that term since I left home.)
and MEATBALLS... REAL ITALIAN MEATBALLS... not those sawdust combo.. but
honest to goodness MEATBALLS.. I am really looking forward to going down and
ordering the Meatball Hero... So if you are up in Sandpoint area, go to hwy 200 and
Division Street intersection... on the left side is Babs, on the back side. So turn down
Division and go to the back of the building. If you are come from Priest River, turn
right just after the light and go around back.
It will be well worth your trip... And Babs is a nice gal to talk to as well...

1 comment:

MLove said...

Babs was very good to Willie when he first started teaching at the high school.

He brought us some of her pizza, and, yes, it is delicious.