Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I Got Him...I Got Him Good!!!

The King is a practical joker.
One of his favorites lines, is
"I am broke down out here on
the highway, can you come
get me." And then proceed to
tell where, after a minute or two
of stringing along the person, he
will fess up to the joke.

Like I said this is one of his favorite.
All the family knows this one, so the
first words are of our kids, is ..."let me
talk to Mom."

He also will tell someone who lives
far away from here... we are just 3
miles from your house. But we
didn't think you were home, so we
drove by your exit. After the
person tells of other exits and how
to get back to their place, then he
hits them with ... he is at home,
sitting in his chair.

Friends, now ask to talk to me.
Unless they happen to hear me
in the back ground...saying...
He is lying. He is lying thru his
teeth.

So yesterday... I gave my daughter
a ride home, as her other half has
jury duty and got picked. I told
the King I was going. He asked
about dinner. Said when I get back.

When I got back I fixed dinner. He
didn't come in.. So figured he must
be still out working on his truck.

I called him on his cell phone, from
my cell phone. (do you see where
this is going?)

He answers in a yell. I gave my most
pitiful voice of .."Honey, you got to
help me." He said, why? what happen?
where are you?

I related how I was on my way home
and there was a loud bang, and the
oil gauge went way down. So I pulled
over. He asked WHERE?... I said half
way (making it about 8 miles out).

You could almost hear him cry. He
has been upset about how much
it is costing to fix his truck. Now in
his mind, is how much for this?

Where exactly are you? I will be
right there, give me a minute to
wash my hands, (he says quite
upset)... then as an after thought
He said, if you are messing with
me... and I started to laugh. I
told him dinner was on the table.
And I hung up...

GOT YA.. GOT YA... a victory
dance... lol lol....
He told me that was a rotten
thing to do, he had on his mind
the cost of the truck and now
a blown motor on the Bronco?
It was almost more than he could
handle.. he said....

I laughed... and told him, now...
maybe now...he knows how others
feel about his "little" joke...

I got him... oh, how I got him, I was
laughing so hard I thought I would
pee my pants!!!!...

No comments: