Monday, August 01, 2011

Gray matter....

I use to be great at multitasking..
I could be cooking, reading and getting the
kids to do their chores and some times even
write a letter back home, all at the same time.

I could micromanage as well… keeping the house
hold going, keeping the food supply going, have a
budget we could all manage to have what we needed.
and some times even things we wanted.

I also knew where everything was for everyone in our
household, where the tools were left, socks, shoes, homework,
pencils, and etc. I knew where everything was.. it was
my duty, because the rest of the family kept losing them.

All of this without one note to myself. Now I have
notes everywhere… bathroom for Dr. appt. so we
don’t’ forget, calendar in the hall way for all appt. or things
not to forget. Parties, going something for someone else,
you name it I have it posted… notes to take to the grocery
store, or Home Depot, or what ever store I am going to, and
need to get more than two items…

So when you ask me to do something for you, I will say,
just a minute I will write it on the calendar, and maybe you
should call me the night before to make sure I remember.

I use to tell the kids when they were growing up, that I didn’t
know what I was going to do when they became adults. That I
had to remember all of their appts, run the house, AND keep ahead
of them on what they might pull. That when they grew up, my brain
would turn to mush.. just Plain gray matter…
and I am sorry to say, I was right.

No comments: