Thursday, September 26, 2013

THE HEARTBREAK OF COMPUTER VIRUSES....

In the past, I have gotten caught by the virus garbage.
I call it garbage because it is a horrible way of threaten
people.. Because it isn't the companies and etc that
get caught so much as it is the individual... who let their
guard down. Or the newbie who doesn't know the ins and outs of guarding yourself against spam and viruses.

So every time I hear about another viruses going around,
I almost want to close down my computer until it is over.
But there are so many out there, it is hard not to get hit.
Even those of us who have really good virus protections,
and try to make sure we do everything to protect ourselves, it still is not fail safe.

On the news tonight, there was talk about another one
going around.. where they can rob your files, or you lose them.
Then blackmail you, by telling you that you are in trouble with the government over something you sent over the internet. Or something you downloaded.. and it will cost you $300 or more to get out of it.  Some people even have sent the money in, but the  virus or block was not removed.

It breaks my heart to hear and see this.. because it is bad enough when they do this to companies, who have money to get another machine.. who do back up files on the ones they have... it is bad enough for them...

But what about the ones like me... 73 years old... who has a pretty nice computer.. went the extra mile to get one that will hopefully last my life time... who can't replace this particular type of machine.  If they
did it to me.. and the computer whiz couldn't fix it..  I probably have to give it up...  That is where the damage is.. the ones who are retired.
Who keep up with their kids, and grandkids ... and friends... those are the heart aches.

And there is no recourse... none what so ever... the world looks at it, as just the cost of being on the internet. 

No comments: