Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Surprise visitor….












Surprise visitor….

I opened my door on Sunday morning to go get the Sunday paper… and to my surprise what do I see..
But a GOOSE… yes, I said GOOSE… I was leery if I should go out to get the paper, but he didn’t seem to be threatening..   Well, to my surprise, he followed me.   He was out in the road, and a car came…and he ran to me, like I was suppose to protect him. 
I headed to the back yard and went thru the gate. I turn to shut the gate, and he was going thru with me.
Ok… now I have a goose in my back yard.

Thought he might be hungry, so I showed him where the bird feeders were and where the birds slop seeds below.. Sure enough, he ate some..  Went and got him some water, and he drank that.. 

So now what? After all I didn’t sign on for a goose. And this was a Canadian Goose.  So that means he is a wild goose.  

We did see him the day before down the road. In fact the King thought he was fake until he moved his head.

We headed to church and left the gate open for him to go.. But when we got home, he was still here in the back yard.    Misty went out and spotted him, barked, the goose lowered his head and hissed… and she was GONE.. into the house.   I put a couple pictures up on Facebook showing our visitor.. and the business around the corner from us told me, that yes that is the neighborhood goose.. And about a hour later, a man came to the driveway, and I asked if I could help him… He said I think you have my goose in your back yard… I told him, yes I do.. And he said can I go get him, I said, surely you can.   His kids followed and they called his name.. and he followed them home…  by the way .. his name… is FRANK..
They said they had found him… and  raised him from a baby… They had plans now that he is old enough to be on his own.. they were going to take him to the lake… No not our local beach.. as they would kill him.
He said, oh, no, they were taking him to a different part of the lake…

So good luck FRANK… may you find a mate and live a long life..  

No comments: