Monday, February 20, 2023

Music

Music

Music holds us together… music soothe us,  music brings back memories of the past… and brings back the feeling of that moment when you first heard the song, or even the last time you heard it.  Even the elderly in nursing homes…  who may have not said a word for a long time… lights up and bobs their head to the rhythm of the music of their generation, when they hear it.

I would say that music is still alive and well, especially among the young people.   After all, there would not be cd’s for sale or streamed, I think is the word..  there wouldn’t be award shows the Grammy or the Country Western music awards.  

But I miss the days when I was younger… when we heard a song, it was played over and over …  on the radio, if you were lucky to be able to afford a record, 8 track tape, cassette and then cd’s.  There would be some songs that spread over all of the types of music.  That everyone would know it.. AND KNOW THE WORDS…   I don’t find it to be that way now..  There is still the younger crowd who rock, rap and hard rock with music.   But they stay pretty much in their own lane..  I have not heard of a song that has crossed over all of them..   a song that everyone knows..  never mind know the words.   I know I am going to really sound like the old lady that I am… by saying….  I don’t understand ANY words that they are screaming at us…    Is there any ballads sang anymore.. where it is slow and the pronunciation of the words is clear?  Or a ballad of any kind?

So do I listen to music?  Yes … from time to time.. when I am home alone.. but it is all music from the past.  Johnny Cash, (yes 90% of my choice was country western)  Dr. Hook…  I have even listened to classical …(but not often).  Simon and Garfunkel, and such.   Even drum solo’s…  But to turn on the radio to hear music… well to be honest with you, I don’t know one that plays the oldies but goodies anymore.

How about you?  do you still listen to music… is there a radio station you listen to??  I guess there is some cables that has music on their list of channels… but when I have been at someone’s house it seem more like wallpaper music. 

I miss when a song came on, and everyone sang it.

No comments: