Monday, June 26, 2023

What I am not..

What I am not.. 

I am not Asian,

I am not  Native American

I am not.. Black

I am not Irish

I am not Italian…   

I am not gay   so no special Day…

I am not a vet, so none of the services days.

And I guess there is not month for me.. I get no parade because I am not Irish… I am not Italian (Columbus day) I am not black so no Martin Luther King Day parade.   And I am not gay, so no Pride day parade either..

 I did figured out…  I am… two things..  actually 3..   first I am a MOM. So get that day…  I AM AMERICAN… so I get  4th of July…. And according to the paper work at the doctor’s office and etc…   I am listed as NOT SPANISH…   as that is the only one that applies to me..                Because that is the only one that applies..  because I am not African American..  Not Native American..  Pacific Islander nor Asian.. so the only one left to check is   NOT SPANISH..  and I don’t even want to go to the he/she/them and etc.. part.

 I liked it better before when I was a kid..   because back then one of the options was TOMBOY.. Now that wasn’t on any list.. but but it was a description used.   Just like farm kid was..  And you knew that when you saw me walk away.. as a good share of the time I had horse hair on my butt from riding bare back.

 I was part of the WOW generation..  I was not in any club..   as I was raising kids.. but mostly I just did what I wanted to..  be it smashing cars for scrap iron, or working on vehicles with my husband. And etc..   I just did it.. like I knew what I was doing, so rarely was questioned about it..  and when I was.. and I asked why I should not do that..  they replied..  because you are a girl/woman..  I would laugh and say, what does that have to do with it..  and continued.

No comments: