Monday, November 28, 2005

Monday morning after....

One..two....one ... two...
No, that is not an earthquake in
Sandpoint.That is all of us, trying
to lose some of those pounds we
put on over the weekend. I even
made it the full 2 and half miles on
my walk today.

After all we have Christmas coming
up. And if that isn't bad enough,
think food.... food everywhere.
Go visit friends.... have some
Christmas cookies.
Office party, got to have food..
pot luck food, and of course
seven kinds of cakes, pies,
candy, and all the rest. Then
the big dinner itself.

And it keeps coming. The stores
are full of it. And the worse is after
Christmas. Everyone is sick of food.
All the New Year diets coming up.
So you got to get rid of this food.
So you send home care packages
with your friends. You pack it up
and leave it at work in the break room
in hopes the MIKIE'S will eat it all.

Ah, yes, One...two.. one .. two..
jumping jacks, walking miles,
got to get rid of this weight.
All I did was take one tablespoon
of everything across the counter.
Then went back just for the
in-turkey stuffing, and yams, and
salad...just a little... But it
was just tablespoons. Trouble is
there was 35 different things to
take a tablespoon of. Filled up the
plate, those tablespoons.

BUT I was strong.... I did not
have any pie. Nope, no pie, cake,
or any of those... did I partake in.
That is until the next day, that is.

Well, can't type and do jumping jacks.
So here I go ...off to pound those
pounds off. One... two .. one ... two...
maybe if I do an extra mile of walking
this afternoon,..... do you think?

Good luck all you partakers of food.

1 comment:

JBelle said...

uh Cis? I am not sick of food. Not even close. I'm in a bit of a fix, aren't I?