Friday, February 23, 2007

My Money?

I think I don't like money anymore..
Don't get me wrong, I like money
in the bank. I like money to have to
get what I need ,occasionally what
I want and I like having my bills
paid.

But paper money is getting to be a
mystery to me. As I stood in line
yesterday, getting ready to pay
for my food products, I looked
at the paper money I had.

First off, it is the color. I remember
when all paper money was green.
I knew what it looked like and what
was on it. But now, they have a hue
to them. Almost yellow. I felt like I
had monopoly money. Pinkish yellow?
What is with that? It was a twenty.

And the Five didn't look too much
better and then there was the Five
that I had gotten somewhere in
change, that had burnt edges.
I don't look at the money. I fold
it and put it in my wallet.

How do I know it isn't the real deal.
Who would know, as fast as it is
changing. Even the metal money
is different. The nickel, I believe, has
several different choices of pictorial
sides. And there is poor Jefferson,
with his face mostly on the coin
side ways. And don't even get me
going on the dollar coin, that is the
size of a quarter.

No, I really don't like our money
anymore. And I really don't like
the fact that my bank doesn't get
my checks back. I only get pictures
of some of them. Then there is the
electronically transferred, even though I
sent a check. This all makes me
feel like I am not in control.

1 comment:

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

It's called progress, I guess.

Toni