Thursday, June 25, 2020

My little elf on the shelf...

Today... JULIE GAYLE WOREL 
(her birth name) 
was born... 60 years ago..
I had such great plans for this day... There was going to be teasing about being 60. 
But also celebration.. for 3 of us...
My OLDEST.. (her)
My YOUNGEST, (Jeanette)
and ME...  
We were going to celebrate some huge years here... 
Her 60, Jeanette 50 and Me 80.. even throwing in 
Mike.. Jeanette's son, as he  is turn 30.. 
BUT LIFE DOESN'T ALWAYS TURN OUT WHAT YOU EXPECT. 
See we lost Julie 3 years ago.. 
And don't get me started on the year of 2020.. 
with Jeanette and mine in mid shutdown of the country. 

I wanted to write something witty about Julie.. and believe me there is plenty..
I wanted to tout her greatness as a woman who made a big difference with the teens of her church. 
So many stories at her life celebration of the changes  that were made because of her and her husband Kevin.... 

 
There are funny stories the family could have told as we were going to roast her.. But as I try not cry.. cry for the years we both wasted on stupid stuff.. 
Sadness for not being able to have more time.. and the empty hole she left. 
I am going to try my best to remember the good times..  
remember the butterfly that circle around me 3 times days after she left. 
To celebrate instead the joy, the laughter.. the bossiness, who cause me to call her 
Lucy after the Charlie Brown cartoon, as she always was the organizer of the group. 
She rode herd over 6 siblings... plus two step sisters.  Even in her adult life, making an impression on them.  and worrying about them.. 

So with all of this.. I give you the pictures I like best of Julie...  

My elf on a shelf.. 
taken in San Diego ..it has snowed a 1/8 of inch that day. 



This would be my favorite of her daughter Sarah and her..







this is, I think the last picture of Julie taken...
She finally got to meet her grandson Asher...
she passed a couple weeks later...
you can see the love and wonderment  on her face. 



This picture was taken about 1983 or 4.. when
both of us had our natural hair. lol



Another picture of Julie and one of her kids.. 
Sarah says this is her... ..




The oldest and the youngest .. in Idaho



Miles and Julie... you can see the love..
they did a lot together.. went many places together.. 
They were married just a short time of 3 years before her passing..
but they put a lot of love in those 3 + 3 more








Ah the kid never leaves you... when you see a bear...
I love this picture.. 

among the many things Julie could do.. she also was a heck
of an artist...


Graduation picture... 
see all that loveable red hair..  she could 
have a temper to go with it sometimes.. 

Here is Julie's family....  the love of her life. 
Oldest John, Sarah, & Josh with their family in front
And Jacob with his gal







Nothing beats coffee early in the morning on the Beach






This picture is funny..  because.. you see Julie wore a dress 99% of the time. 
Me... I am a tee shirt and jeans gal...
Jeanette is a mix.. but mostly pants and blouse...
Do you see the humor here? 
We wore dresses to be with Julie... who shows up in...?? 
JEANS... 

one of the fav of my oldest and youngest





This is the original tribe that Julie rode herd on...
Julie is a family person thru out... 
this was Brad's wedding day... 


Julie was a workaholic
She worked in the parks for the city of 
Longview for about 13 years... 







this was my last touch with Julie... 
I have her a rose plant that she liked of mine. 
Candy Cane Rose....  
She had taken the picture just an hour or less before
her heart attack....  and posted it on 
Facebook.. with a note.. see Mom it bloomed. 



carrying thru a family tradition... 
when Julie was young.. I wake her in the
middle of the night.. to go make 
angels in the snow...
but this one is of Julie, her daughter Sarah
and granddaughter Ava...











As I was going thru the pictures of Julie 
I came across this one.. 
This is Julie and her best friend.. 
who died many years ago... 
Julie so totally missed her.. even cried years 
later when talking about missing her.. 
I looked the picture and thought.. 
Now they are back together again..  
So I added this one too... 
Friendship last more than a lifetime.  
I also see myself in her face when I was
that age... funny.. I thought she looked like her dad's side..






So HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIDDO...  SURE WISH YOU WERE HERE FOR ALL OF US TO CELEBRATE TOGETHER...  with lots of love and joking..  and most of all.. something you and I have in common....  LAUGHTER.. we both love LAUGHTER..   
SENDING HUGS UP YOUR WAY..  and I am sure you have all the angels organized by now..lol

No comments: