Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Under the weather….

Under the weather… hell, I felt like I was in the bowels of hell… ok, so that is a little dramatic… but it was close.. the feeling like a dirty wet dishrag for at least 3 days.. Sit on the side of the bed in the morning.. still coughing your head off.. (wonder where that saying came from? As you know it isn’t falling off, it hurts too bad) …

THEN YESTERDAY… I sat up on the side of the bed.. and my soul danced up the sides of the walls, and across the ceiling and down the other wall,.. side stepping quickly across the floor….  I felt GREAT… well, at least my soul felt great..  my body was still sitting on the side of the bed waiting for the soul to calm down.. and then raised up. I actually did feel 90% better than the day before.  Still coughing.. but at east I felt like I had rejoined the human race. 

Not wanting to rejoice too much, and wanting the body to keep up with the soul.. I did a few things, that had gone to the side for the past couple of days.  I wasn’t tired, or rung out. But DANG this cough… love to kick it to the curb. We are going on week 3 of this stuff. 

 

But feeling better does lift the soul. Even my microwave, dying did not deter me.. By the way, it isn’t easy to buy a microwave as it use to be. Walmart had about 10 different ones on display and 3 in a box.  And of course the displays are not for sale. And have no booklets anyway.  So went to Home Depot, they too, have about 8 different ones.  Ranging from $44 to $200.  The $44 ones, you should see those.. I open it up and I have seen bigger glove boxes in the car… Did find one that suited us…  actually two, they were just alike, but one had chrome around the door. That cost $10 more than the plain black.  I took the plain black. The sales man looked a little sad.. guess he gets paid by commission?  Told him that I wasn’t paying $10 extra for the chrome, the chrome did not cook the food any faster.      And out the door we went with one in a box.. because they actually have them in the back room.  Thankfully.

Did cross my mind, what if I could not get one. I know I spent my first 40 years without one..  but the past 40 years have been with one..

 

Well, hope this finds you all doing better than we are doing.  The weather is so beautiful these past days.. and now that I am feeling better, the forcast is ……RAIN.  (slump shoulders) …

                                                                

No comments: