Monday, October 04, 2021

We old ones, still got it…

We old ones, still got it…

 The past month my husband “the king” who will be 70 next April…… my sister in law who is 74…… and myself … 81… have been busy…

 Sorting, carrying, packing and etc.  This is the “stuff” that she and her late husband decided to bring to Idaho from their place in Washington State, when they moved.   Now by herself, we signed on to help.

It took us 4 days of working 4 hours straight thru.. I set her up with a box to her right, for things to keep… a garbage can to her left …for throw away things..  A black bag, just behind the keep…. For Goodwill store. And even gave her a box with 2022..on it.. that was for.. I don’t know if I am ready to get rid of this yet.

We proceeded thru box after box…. Cleaning out a alley in between cars in the garage.  There were 3 different alleys.  I would line up boxes, and she would go thru them..  Worked pretty well.  She kept a few thigs.. the 2022 box filled up, 3 bags of garbage, and 4 bags for Goodwill.  We put up shelves, and put a lot of the keep up there.

Then there was THE STORAGE SHED… actually there are two.  One is full from wall to wall, ceiling to floor and front to back… That one I DID NOT sign on for.  She is going to find a handy man type guy with a van to pack up that one and bring it to her house and empty it in the garage. NEXT YEAR….  But I did sign on for the small bunch. The unit was the same size BUT, it was only 4 foot tall from the floor. There was a wide aisle on the left, and a small one on the right. There were boxes down the middle to the back wall.. and along side of the right wall.  Not bad.. then it hit me..  the boxes… THOSE BOXES… were 4 foot high… 4 foot wide… and 5 foot long.. 9 of them!!...

When ever I sign on for a project or even do my own.. I have sleepless nights, as I figure out how we are going to do it… from every angle… Can’t depend on the King, as he does not think logical, so it is heller skeller… and I think logical too much.. lol..  After two nights and a day, I came up with not only a dolly to lift these boxes, but those dolly things.. that has 4 piece of wood in a square with wheels on them.. Figured we could use the regular dolly to lift up on end and shove the wheel thingies under the box.  Great plan.. and it worked .. kind of..  Had a few snags.. like the wheels catching in the groves and etc.  Redoing the ramp/shed connection and etc..

But long story short… we got it done. We moved 5 boxes (2 trips) to her house 45 miles away.  And then went back the next day and loaded up 3 more…  we had emptied one box that didn’t have as much in it.

Did it we… did..  not bad for 3 old folks.. See, don’t count out the elderly… lol.  We are tougher than we appear.  But BOY, are we glad it is over.  Now all there is to do is sort thru the “stuff” in those 8 boxes.. and SHE has to figure out what to keep, what to give away and what to through away…  but that is for another week or so..

No comments: