Tuesday, January 18, 2022

I am no body and that is ok… with me…

I am no body and that is ok… with me…

See, I am not a rich person..  I am not a famous person.

I have not done anything of great significant.  And when I pass, there won’t be a lot of people who will say, I knew her. My circle is small, in the ream of the world. 

I don’t think I was ever one who wanted to be famous. Important to the world..  so I guess I never had great expectations.  Which is good.. can’t be disappointed if you don’t set the bar really high.

I was too busy, on my knees scrubbing floors, or changing diapers to be come part of the women’s revolution.  But I sure did champion them in my mind.  And ever since, I have encourage woman and even girls to be what they want to be. Told my own daughters, that they could do and be what they wanted to be.. If they didn’t … it was because they didn’t want it bad enough.   Some times that bad enough, you lose ground before you gain ground.  The first woman Astronaut..YAHOO… the first woman,  Vice president…good for you… the first woman CEO.. good on you… the first woman firewoman, or policewoman..  great going!!

But me?  Nope, pass my time..  pass my time to protest… as I was again, scrubbing floors and changing diapers… By the time came around.. to make a difference, I was a widow, 46, and trying to find a job after not being in the work force for 25+ years.  Which looking back … is excuses.

So my line was to cheer other women on, telling them.. they can do it. They are great.. keep going… The only one note of difference, is I use to smash cars with my second husband. I stood tall on top of smash cars to line up the next one. I smashed cars while he was gone one time.. and got a load ready for him, when he got back. So he could take it in. But I became a nobody…. And that is ok with me. 

See I did measure up in my own private life, my small circle.. I AM A MOTHER… a pretty good one according to my kids.. or at least most of them.  Ha ha … 

I AM A GRANDMOTHER… and that one I rate even higher.

AND I AM A GREAT GRANDMOTHER.. and my rating is pretty high there too.

I have been and am again..  A WIFE… rating pretty good there, according to the husbands…  well, two out of 3 is not bad. 

And I think.. I rate pretty good as a FRIEND… been one to be there when needed and not needed… kept my mouth shut on their problems.. and only to them individually about them. Not telling them what to do, but what their options were. Being honest when talking to them.. And most of all, being there when I could. 

The older I get, the less friends I have.. out lived many… less family… out lived many… so when the bugle blows.. there will be fewer to shed a tear.  After all, I am a nobody and I am okay with that. Really, I am. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: