Monday, January 31, 2022

GOOD BYE!!!! January…

GOOD BYE!!!! January…

 

I am happy to say GOOD BYE to January… it has been a terrible month.  4 people have died.  Cancer, heart, and two covid. What a hellish way to start the year. After the past two years…2020 and 2021, you would think it would lighten up some.  But I think the old saying that things come in 3’s must be in play here.

So as I think about  the coming of the rest of the year.. my mind goes to Simon and Garfunkel’s words.. 

 Slow down, you move too fast
You got to make the morning last
Just kicking down the cobble stones
Looking for fun and feelin' groovy”

And hope that by the end of the year… I am with the rest of the world.. feeling groovy. But with the rest of the world in turmoil.. the Russians playing Russian roulette at the border and who knows what else is coming down..  groovey just doesn’t seem to be the right thing.

But I do have the option, personally to slow down.. And I have this winter… that is when I am not shoving snow.   But some way I have having trouble with this slow down bit.  You know the old saying.. if you don’t use it….. you will lose it?  Well, I feel that way now.  I don’t have the strength I had last year.  I can do spurts, but nothing like in the past..   Yes, I give myself credit that I am knocking on the door of 82..but still.. if you keep active, things should be good. 

And that is the problem.. not staying active for the past 2 weeks. The snow has stopped, except for a dusting yesterday..  But being so dang cold out, can’t do much. I have been kind of busy in the house. Oh there is so much more I could be doing.. like cleaning out my files some more..   But my ambition is at a low.. Don’t have the humph to want to do anything. So been reading a lot and watching too much dumb television..  because my partner in crime watches the dead man channels … and a hand full of movies. 

My main thing is to keep moving. Do something, even if it is wrong as the old saying goes. But SOMETHING..  So I am moving slowly.. but I think I put it in compound low.. lol.. instead of 2nd gear.  

Got to get it going.. Maybe I should be finding my old songs of work. Like the Village People…. IN THE NAVY… or Chuck Berry  anything..  something to speed up the heart and soul… 

Well, I sure hope you had a better January and we did… so onward and upward to FEBRUARY.

No comments: