Monday, January 17, 2022

Some things that were funny, and not so much now

Some things that were funny, and not so much now

When I was working in the nursing home for so many years, I smiled as some of our old gals, who had kept their tissues in their sweater sleeve…   at the age of 81… I, now understand.  I thought a pocket would have been better, but found that a sleeve is closer…

Saw a picture many years ago… of an old man who was riding a bicycle, peddling as slow as he could… it was labeled… “life as you age”…  It had the front wheel a roll of toilet paper.. which was labeled LIFE which was unrolling quickly. I was about 30, so I thought that was funny…….  At the age of 81.. not so funny anymore.. because it does seem like the closer you get the middle of roll, the faster it goes..

Saw a sign that said..  “WHEN I WAS LITTLE, I LAUGHED WHEN MY MOM CROSSED HER LEGS WHEN SHE SNEEZED….  I NO LONGER FIND THAT FUNNY..”

This is true…no only is it true.. but a side story makes it even more not funny…  One time as I was walking across the room, I stopped to cross my legs as I was coughing… My husband laughed at me… and I told him, wait until he has a coughing fit, then he will know what it is like. THEN he told me..!!! MEN DO NOT HAVE THAT PROBLEM!!   WHAT???at the age of 81, I did not know that…  NOPE… well…………. FIRST IT WAS CHILD BIRTH AND NOW THIS?  God has a wicked sense of humor… 

 

 

 

 

No comments: