Tuesday, February 01, 2022

How much is enough?

How much is enough

We have the saying of cruel and unusual punishment.  Which came to mind when watching the news about families getting to tell how they felt when a young man who shot and killed one young man as well as wounding others with his shots.. Say nothing of scaring the school students and staff half to death.

I have no problem with these people stepping up the mike and telling their stories.  Especially the family of the dead young man.

But so far there is 5 days of this.. 6 to 8 hours each day. I don’t know how many have and yet to come there are.  They should all be heard.  But my feeling is wondering.. while I believe they should tell the judge, so he understand the intensity of it all..

But my wondering come to the young man who did this.. 5 days so far… what it is doing to him..  I know I know, what he did was despicable…  BUT wasn’t the reason why he did this was because he had been… like so many others.. bullied over and over until he could not take it anymore… 

He surely must be thinking about that.. how he felt so low from the bullying. That he fought back in the worse way… and how low of a human these bullies made him feel…. Is he thinking as he listens to the adults stories, one after another .. like water dripping …. Slowly on the forehead.. isn’t this another type of the same?  Is he thinking… what does it matter.. I was bullied and told I was no body.. no one worth anything.. and now 4 days of the same type of attitude?  The adults telling the same.

When it is a young adult, who finally breaks and who comes out blasting literally…… maybe the stories should be to the judge only? After all the judge needs to know what damage he did to these people… But how much should this young man be subject to? Is this cruel and unusual punishment..    As I watch the lack of emotion of this young man….  I had to wonder. Maybe he is feeling bullied all over again?

No comments: