Tuesday, February 22, 2022

One of these days, I am going to run away….

One of these days, I am going to run away….


How many of us have muttered those words?  

In the 1970’s I was in the kitchen, on my hands and knees with a brush in hand.. scrubbing as hard as I could… and mumbling about how things were  and I WAS GOING TO RUN AWAY….  When I heard a voice behind me…  saying… AND WHERE WOULD YOU GO?...   It was a friend of my husband’s who stopped by. I had not heard him come up the stairs to the porch… and the door was open..   Showing the mere human on her hands and knees, mumbling about life..   We both had a good laugh over it…  

Some times, you just need to say the words.. It is kind of like when you were a kid… and you told your mother, that you were running away.   I did that one time, and my mom said… ok…   I went to the end of the field and stopped..  I wasn’t allow to leave the field. LOL.. And certainly not cross the road.  So I sat down with my legs cross for about an hour, before I went back.  I am sure my mother had a good laugh over it. 

But I think there are days, when you need to just say the words, even if you don’t have far to go…  I am going to run away from this mess…   Just saying the words… sometimes.. is a mood lifter. Letting yourself know.. you could, if you really wanted to.

 

 

 

No comments: