Monday, February 14, 2022

Just another day… ????

Just another day… ????  

If you have been reading my blog for many years,  you know how I feel about this day..  It is an over blown day to make men feel guilty.

You know it is up to the man to make this day work well.. HE HAS to get flowers, maybe candy and a card AND tell his love one.. he loves her…  Some even are really held at a ransom of jewelry, use to be mink coats and etc…  ALL OF THIS TO ME IS B.S.

How many women buy for their husbands?  Very, very low average.  Maybe he will get a great home made meal.. rarely more.

If I was a guy, I get a card and one flower… and I would tell her, here is what society wants us to do on this day…. But I got to be honest with you… EVERY day is a love day with you.. Year around… maybe I don’t say often enough.. or even you say it often enough…  but to me… I love you EVERY DAY… and let it go at that..   If she is the woman that she should be..  she should be honored by those words..  and should find her own to tell him.

I think the worse that happens in every day life in a marriage… is taking each other for granted.  It usually take an illness or some kind of scare…  that reminds us just how much we do depend on each other.

The King and I do tell each other that we love the other… often. Especially if we are leaving the house… as we know there is no guarantee that we will be coming home.  Be it to a grocery store or where ever.   We are all just one drunk driver, road rage accident away from losing each other…  So that is what we do.. it is automatic….but not automatically said… We want the other to always remember that our last words to each other, that we love them.

In life itself…. We get so busy with what is going on,… either with the job, or the kids, or if you are taking care of each other’s parents… life gets busy… and we forget ourselves as well as our mate.    And any woman will tell you…. flowers just because.. and not because a business told you … that you should.. on a certain day…Is the best gift of all…. It is the flowers that show up.. just because.. I was thinking of you today..  You might want to think about that..

 

No comments: