Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Reading Time magazine… is scary and… yet

Reading Time magazine… is scary and… yet

Last week Time magazine had several good articles.. but some were scary. If you want the full story on this part.. then click on

Metaverse Real Estate: Why Investors Are Buying Virtual Land | Time

 

This is a article about how many people.. rich and not so rich are buying what THEY call real estate… virtual land…   To me this has to be the biggest of all sham.  Kind of where is the pea under the cup type con game.  But people are taking this serious.  Even big names..  like Snoop Dog…even someone paid $450,000 for a piece of land next to Snoop Dog..   Now before you get mixed up  and believe it is easy, if you are over 70… because something called SANDBOX you will see a flat map of a bunch of pixel squares of brand names and etc.. you see those are “land”.  I am not going to try to explain anymore.. because to be honest.. it is over my head…  It seems to me…  people are spending REAL money… like out of the bank to buy   so called land that is in a game of sort…  And people are spending millions.

I am serious…  to me it is a huge financial bubble…. They are spending money on something they can not touch…  who does that?  Well, I guess a lot of fools in my thoughts…  I still can’t get over the thought of a shim sham…  I guess the ones who are making the money… are the ones who bought in early and now can sell, to the fools who are believing…    But you got to forgive me..  I don’t believe in bitcoins or the other one Crypto…. Even the name lends to scam in my mind..   Yes, I know there are a lot of the younger crowd will think I am a foolish old lady…  Well, that might be so..  And I don’t have a lot of money… but what money I have.. I can put in my hand and count.. and go to the store with it… And as long as the US GOVERNMENT is solid enough..  it will always be good.  And the land I own.. I can go out there and run dirt thru my fingers.   These are scary times.

 

The other article that did give me hope was…Is Closing the circle… by Lisa Abend.   Read Closing The Circle Online (scribd.com)    sadly you can’t read the whole thing.. maybe if you click on it or open Time.com  in a week or so, when they let the public read it.. 

This is one of hope.. It is in Finland.   Where they people have decided they CAN DO… Can do  is taking every piece of plastic an make things out of them…  MANY things..  Even in their schools they teach kids who to repurpose items..  everything from a broken chair to Iphone and so much more.   They teach in their school different jobs and how to run a company..  they learn this in their classes..  From their own companies to banking and so much more..  so when these children come out of school they have already used their minds of how to repurpose every thing..  This is so much more than just a simple recycle .. this is taking ANYTHING and repair, to making something else out of it. The teens are proud, it is a matter of badge of honor to have a reconditioned Iphone or Ipad. These have been reconditioned and improved beyond the factory that built it in the first place.  They take each product that they consume in anyway and figure out how to do what they call circular economy.  Bring in more money than they dreamed when they first started this project..    There is a young woman who ended up buying her parents farm to rotate their fields so that they did not become stagnate.   I can remember the Portuguese in R.I. doing that.  They would rotate the fields from potatoes to wheat, to some other grain and two years later back to potatoes.. and the dirt was so rich. 

In the 1970’s I was helping a friend who ran a transfer station. That was where you could go and dump your garbage and they would take the bins to the dump several miles away. While helping him one day… I saw how much good things were being dumped.. We figured out a way to put things to the side so those who had the need but not the money could take it home..   For those of you over the age of 50, you will remember your father taking you to the dump and bring things home that he could use.. some times much to your mothers displeasure.. but to the delight of you kids.   Mine were thrilled when we brought home part of a go cart.. that they worked on.   

But as I was helping him.. I told him it was a shame that the people couldn’t dump the things on a conveyor belt, and have people on each side take things off the belt..   Some taking cloth off and putting it in a box…  another taking glass .. another taking foil, another taking metal .. food scraps and etc.… and then take it to companies that recycled it..  That the business would be a worker’s company. Meaning the profit would be 1/3 for operation funds. And then the rest be divided up among the workers.    That by the time the belt got to the end, there would be little to take to the dump, if anything.  That people could be protected from harm by rubber gloves and aprons..   He thought it was a great idea.. but when I talked to my husband, he thought it was crazy and so did the banker friend I had.. .  said no bank would finance a building and belts..   so that was the end of it..  Well, it looks like Finland is doing a hell of a job of it all..  Which gives me hope…    by the way the kindergarteners who was looking at the broken chair… figure out they could make  a drum out of the seat, and the one boy thought they could make flutes out of the legs… See even 5 years old can envision an idea..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: