Tuesday, June 07, 2022

Ok, I have to give in.

Ok, I have to give in.

Last week as I was weed whacking.. I finally had to realize, it is getting too much for me..  I got the weed whacking done.. but then there was the clean up..  the dry stuff after.

But I put it out of mind, as the rain came ..  for 5 days off and on.

But today… it is sunshine, just like yesterday..  The King was doing some stuff for our sister in law…  so I thought while he was gone… I would do some clean up.. where stuff fell from us working on the suffix.   Then I noticed how bad the weeds were.  The King had mowed the lawn.. with the riding lawn mower which leaves taller grass in corners.

So I got the whacker out. And started to go around the yard. Wore out one battery and was starting on the second one. String ran out.. (mental note” got to find one of those heads that you can put on, with one thru string). After doing the whole front and ¾ of the back, I had to take a break. My back and legs were killing me.  The ALEVE was leaving me.

Went in and got some flavored water.. and then saw the neighbor outside .. across the alley from me..  So I went over and sat on her deck and we talked.  Told her ( I needed a shadow.. (my words) I had to finally admit I am old and need help.  And I was wondering if her 13 year old daughter had a job yet.  Yep, she works two days a week.  But it turns out I could get her for one day. 

So we left each other, with a plan..  I need a shadow. Told her it wasn’t steady, as it depends on weather.. how fast the grass grows.. (it is going like gangbusters right now with the rain).  So probably once a week.  

After I got home.. I thought about how maybe she could help me with some weeding in the garden area as well. 

So there it is.. I am old.. finally admitted it, I can’t do it all myself.

Not liking this…  It is hard when you are use to be a doer.

 

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I have had to stop doing a lot of things I have always have done. No strength I my hands and a very painful hip. Old age is not fun.