Tuesday, October 18, 2022

I AM BEAT….

I AM BEAT…. 

Yesterday, we did a transplant of two plants, that are under our new heater system.. Come next year they would grown up under and around..  So it was time to transplant while the weather allowed. 

Both the King and I had some things to do, so when I returned to the house I saw he started. By putting water into the hole he started.    The Peony he had dug up and to my amazement, there were lots of bulbs as well as the plant itself splitting.   The fact that it split was great.. as it gave me two places to put it..  The King was watching western and catching up on some energy before he tackled the climbing rose.. which had been there over 22 years.

I went out and dug up two holes, and placed the peony’s in the holes with some booster..  It wasn’t easy.. especially when I hit a rock.. which after trying to dig around it.. it loosen up.. So got to pull it out by hand. No easy way…  But after about 20 minutes  of digging, and replacing the dirt.. and give water to help it along..  I was done..

The King had joined me and we started on the rose.. Which was huge in roots.. and DEEP… It took a crow bar to finally loosen it.  About another 20 minutes of time..  Then it was where to put it as it is a climber and my climbing areas were full.

Finally decided on the memorial garden…  That was another 20 minutes of digging and removing huge … LONG… roots from grass.. 2 and 3 feet long.. plus a root from the tree that is there. The root was dead, as we had cut it off from the tree.. closer to the tree …2 years ago.  But finally got it deep enough and big around enough… to place it in.. So with some booster and lots of prayers.. asking God to please let it live..  we were done.  Washed off all the equipment..  placed the extra peony roots in the she shed.. and then walked to the deck.  The King was already sitting there. .. I stood beside the deck.. and laid back on to the deck.. with my legs hanging off of it…  The cat decided he should lay beside me .. and then  Frosty looked at me in piety.. and decided she would lay across my body… I was BEAT!!  I laid there long enough for everyone to leave..  The King went in the house.. the cat and dog thought maybe he would give them dinner.. and I laid there alone… looking at the sky..  a moment of peace and quiet… that felt good. Finally I found the strength to sit up, stand up and went in and ate dinner and took a shower..   I AM BEAT…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: