Monday, October 03, 2022

TO CALL OR NOT TO CALL…

TO CALL OR NOT TO CALL…

That is the question of the day….

When you go to visit a friend… do you call first?

My mother would get upset if someone just drove up the driveway, with out prior notice..  It was the way she was raised as her parents did the same.. It was common courtesy, was her way of thinking.   If Dad talked to a friend and that friend came over.. and she was not told, she was some what upset.. to her it was a matter of manners.   Even if the person never came in the house but went to the barn with my dad..  That buffer it some what..  I look at it this way.. if someone calls ….. I can…

 

1.   say .. Yes, come on in, I will put on the coffee…

2.   say, sorry, but this isn’t a good day for a visit..(which can be, I am arguing with my spouse,  I have company, I have a sales person here… and or even afternoon sex)

3.    say we were just getting ready to leave, how about tomorrow..

4.   Sorry I am not feeling well..

 

All of these embarrassing moments can be avoided if you CALL.. So that is why I feel a cringe if the King just wants to stop by…   You see, he is fine with just dropping by.. and deal with what ever..   Guess his parents were like that…

So I guess it is how were raised.

If someone just drops by here, I am a little edgy.. as maybe my house isn’t as clean as I would have liked.. maybe giving me a chance to pick up a few things. Or maybe I am in the middle of baking.. and have to keep an eye on the oven?  Or maybe I am watching a show that I can’t tape… and it is important to me…  So many reasons.. if I just was given a heads up..  Doesn’t have to be a day before.. just a few minutes is good.. and if there is a reason .. it isn’t a good day for me.. then I can say so.

Only one I let break this rule.. is my kids..

I don’t think men get it..  after all what the heck.. they don’t care if people judge their actions or home.. I guess..  If it is them going to his garage.. that is cool with me. 

How about you?  are you a call ahead… or just drop in.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: