Tuesday, December 13, 2022

OH MY ACHING BODY…

OH MY ACHING BODY….

Last week I started physical therapy. I have had a huge pain in my left leg.. in the side thigh part. About 6 inch area. And it got worse this past summer.. From July to about November it was bad..  The part for year has been a 3 to 5 rating.. to me an annoyance after all these years. I learn to live with it..  But this late summer it was huge. It was on the 10 to 15 rating on some days..  a lot of 8 to 10.  There were a couple of days that it was times I was almost in tears. And even Aleve did not help.. when it did with the lesser.

So I broke down and call the Dr. And of course there is no such thing as getting in right away..  but did get one about 2 weeks out.  In November…

And I will be an s.o.b.  the dang thing, the day before, turn on me. I felt like the lady who took her car to the mechanic and told of noises and shaking.. and the mechanic comes back after a try out.. and can’t find anything.  But the dr. and I decided maybe physical therapy would help. 

So off I go and she gave me some exercises to do before I go to my next visit… today..  Well, I am here to tell you, the thigh area is about the same.. but my BUTT.. hurts like hell.  There are muscles I guess, I have not used for some time and boy do they hurt.  I am suppose to do these stretches 10 at a time.. with a break.. and then do more. Making it 30 at each time..  Doing them in the am..  noonish and evening..   meaning 90 per day. After the first day and shoveling show..  I am here to tell you, I hurt so much I could barely walk for about 3 minutes.. And the next morning .. oh brother.  And it isn’t even the area I went in there for. It is muscle in the butt and along the back side of the legs..  because now it is both legs.  I sure am hoping as I go thru it.. those muscle loosen up..  You know the old saying.. don’t use it.. lose it.. well, I guess I lost it.

And I downsized it to 60.. meaning doing 20 instead.  Until these muscle loosen up.. Figured 60 is better than none.

Geesh it is hell to get old.  

 

No comments: