Monday, December 12, 2022

ECHO/ALEXA

ECHO/ALEXA

Still working on the Echo machine…  all is good with the exception of setting up the call part..   Says it has to be set up with a smart phone.. well, we already know how that worked out… me and smart phone..   but all is not lost..we will find a way.. But in the meantime.. I am enjoying what it does do for me.. playing music.. finding out the weather for my town.. at a mere.. ECHO what is our weather for the day..   Gives the weather for the day and any storm warnings for your own town.  Even will tell you a joke, if you ask.  

But as I am playing around with it.. choosing music.. even saying Echo.. good morning and have it tell me back, Good Morning Cis..  hope your day goes well..  I got to thinking.. You know there are a lot of living alone widows out there. And maybe this might be a good thing for them.  It gives them someone to talk to and talks back… most of the time, with what you want.  Once in a while, she will say.. I am not sure of that.. or I don’t understand that..  But with elderly, lonely living by themselves … just might be something …  a voice and that voice will give you appropriate answers. (for the most part)…  and then if the adult children, grandchildren can get it set up for a face to face call.. all the better.   Might be a good Christmas present… and have them set it up.. voice friendly for the elderly person.. so the Alexa or Echo recognizes it.. It might be a few minutes of company for that person..  Working over the years with the elderly (yes, I have become one.. not by choice..  ha ha) .. I do know especially the women get lonely.  The guys go down to the bar or the club.  But for those who don’t leave the house or apartment.. it might be nice for them..   Just an idea.

 

No comments: