Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Memorial Day

Memorial Day

When I had my 4th child…it was in Novermber …  it was Veterans Day…which I found fitting, as by that time I was a veteran of childbirth.

Then 4 years later I had twin boys… on Memorial Day, I thought that too was fitting.. as it sure was a day to remember… lol… That was 55 years ago today…  SO …. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRAD,  he was first… making him the oldest .. as referred to during the years from time to time, during arguments… And HAPPY BIRTHDAY STAN..  coming up in the rear 45 minutes later. 

Being born on Memorial Day is kind of cool. As everyone is celebrating your birthday.. and gets the first of the summer bar-b-ques going and etc..

Maybe not as cool as say 4th of July birthdays where people celebrate your birthday with fireworks and etc…  and we do have in the family, those born on that day… but this about Memorial Day..  First big time of the summer to have their birthdays celebrated… with everyone..  Wishing you guys both a great fun day with your families…And some one can play the song…55 AND STAYING ALIVE… 

For the rest of it .. it may be a fun time, day off… but for many family it is also a time to stop by the cemetery and drop off some flowers and a moment of silence for those who passed before us…  Especially the veterans..

My father and I went every year to the family grave site and put flowers on each one …and then my brother carried on the tradition.. after Dad passed. Ken and I go to the one here, for his parents, sister and brother…  and I put on my husband who passed in 1986.  It is still a day of reflection of years or past with our love ones.

 

 

No comments: