Monday, February 15, 2021

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW…

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW… 

If my family heard me say that, they would probably bury me under a snow bank.  As a good share of my family lives near the coast in Washington… and they are getting snow.. 17 inches as of yesterday and it was still snowing..  to understand this, you have to know that they are use to 3 maybe 4 inches of snow.. every other year or so…  So for it to snow for 3 days straight…Most of them don’t have snow blowers…..one son made a path with his riding lawn mower.  Well, you get the picture….   Especially when I tell them.. well, we have bare ground here..   BUT we are freezing.. our average temp each day as been 11… and over night about 5 but below 0 with the wind chill factor.   But this morning we woke to snow.. but only about ¼ of an inch… then it started up again..  and now it has stopped again. We have maybe an inch in total.. But there are accidents everywhere… Roads and streets closed due to accidents.

We have a lot of out of staters who move here and they aren’t use to snow driving. A LOT of California’s and other non snow states. I see that even Texas is getting snow.. they too are not use to so much snow.  Hard to get on the warming climate wagon at times like this.

So all of my friends and family who are getting the snow storms.. all I can say is …. Stay warm… take lots of pictures.. (after all you don’t get this all the time.. lol)  And hopefully this isn’t going to be a sight to be seen next year. 

Weather man is saying 39 for us by Thursday.. we will look forward to that..  But can’t really complain too much as, we have had a lot colder weather in the past..  real temp of -10 is  real for us…I remember some years back having a wind chill of 40 below.. and we had our cars running every hour, for 15 minutes at a time.. at work.. so we could get them started to get home.  I got home and turn off my car… it refused to start again for 3 days.. even though I plugged it in. Luckily I had those days off.

So stay warm every one…THINK SPRING…. Only a month away.

 

No comments: