Monday, July 26, 2021

I came, I saw... little to nothing.. but had a good time

THE VIEW FROM MY BENCH
those who have read my blog before, know I have a bench there at the Sandpoint beach. 
I call it my tombstone .it has a place with my name on it... lol. it is a great view of the area mountains and the lake itself








there was going to be a big boat race on the lake.. they said they would be going by the beach. So grabbed the camera and showed up at 10 after 10 am... It was to start at 10:30am.. I love loud cars and boats. 





one heading by the statute of Liberty 





a couple did show us some rooster tail.. but they were over on the far side of the lake... thank goodness for zoom lens



there were some skidoos that showed us how they could make rooster tails like the big boys, lol

















A few big boats...  but a LOT of spectators with their boats.. so they could get a closer up view.. 





One quietly leaving the beach area.... later heard in order to have the poker run like race, they promise the authorities that they would not make any waves near private property and the beach .. for everyone's safety.. sadly where they could... isn't easy to see from land.




it was also smoky... and in the center of this picture is where all the boats disappeared for their run 




and this is all we got to see after


the view from the bench... 





 what did happen while waiting was some interesting people who asked to share my bench.. Which of course I said yes... told them of the reason of the bench... for my grandson to bring me in my old age so I could see the view one last time.. but for other Nana's to share with their grandchildren....even have a wheel chair area next to it... 

First was a gentleman named Jim... very interesting to talk to him. and found out he lived on the other side of the lake from where we were sitting.. he had read too, that the boats would be coming by the beach..  As it turns out, if he got the spy glasses out and sat on his front porch he might have been able  to see the races.. 

After was a older delightful couple from San Diego. Being I lived in San Diego for 8 years in the 50's and 60', we talked about how things changed. He is retired Air Force.  They lived in Washington DC before San Diego.   they were visiting some friends in CdA. for the first time.   They loved the area.  Was interested in the Naval area at Bayview. So told them how to get there, they could have a nice lunch at the restaurant there... Also told them about the Naval base that is now a Park..  So we bid good bye.. and off they went to find Bayview that he put on his phone GPS... 

So it was not a bad day at all... got to see some of the boats.. see the beautiful view (the reason why I bought the bench) .... and met some great people. 


No comments: