Tuesday, July 20, 2021

The Ugly American

The Ugly American

 

Years ago there was a movie called THE UGLY AMERICAN.. to be honest with you, I don’t remember much about the movie.. It was in the 1950’s I think.. I think it might have been Marlon Brando who started in it.

So why do I mention it now?  Because the title reminds me of now…

 

It seem like about 6 or 7 years ago, Americans have gotten more angry, hateful, no patience with any one. 

Seems no end to the ugliness of the human race and the American seem to have an inside straight to it.

 

Now before too many get upset with this… I am not talking about ALL AMERICANS…. I think and I hope they are the smaller group… but I am betting that it is a 70 – 30 ratio.

30 being the ugly. 

 

Usually it is in the larger cities… Chicago, L.A. Seattle and New York.   But even the smaller cities are getting bad.

 

I live in a small community.. I think last count was a little over 600.. but I live near a little bit larger city of about 35,000.  and the nastiness that has showed up here in the past couple years is mind boggling.  Things that are said and done of late is horrifying.. This IS NOT WHO WE ARE!!...  and luckily for all of us.. it is only about 5% that are the ones who are doing it, in our area.. 

 

While the area has been hard on people who move here from California for years… (because the ones who come want to make us like California). We were a small town of loggers, farmers and of such.. Maybe with hippies thrown in, and those of Mother Earth types.   Now we are becoming more diverse.  Logging is lagging way behind from what was a very heavy employer. Farms are still alive and well, with the exception of dairys.

 

But of late we have had huge amount of people moving here from not only California, but Nevada, Tennessee, Texas, even Pennsylvania.  Our housing has gone like a lot of the country, sky high, and raising weekly. To the point of bidding wars over real estate asking prices.  And locals can’t afford homes.. even rent is rising to $2000 a month.  The locals are angry.  To the point of even yelling at out of state license, GO THE F…..ING HOME… The worse I heard was one woman, driving with her children in the back seat, and someone threw a container of pop at her car and yelled that to her. Scaring her kids.  What kind of person does that?

Not the old timers of our areas… The ones born here years ago, surely would NOT do that. It seems to be the younger generation who carry so much anger.  The older ones might think that.. might even talk to each other about it.. but such action is not their style.

 

For the love of God, please people.. use KINDNESS… where are your manners?  Is this the actions you would want your mother to see you do?  Come on…

 

If you don’t like something or someone… keep walking.. you do not have to react, interact with what you do not agree with.  Is this the actions you want your children to see you doing?  Repeat after me… THIS IS NOT MY RODEO, THIS IS NOT MY HORSE TO RIDE.. keep your mouth shut and keep walking..  As my mother use to tell me..  if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.

 

No comments: