Monday, August 30, 2021

ROUND 2….

ROUND 2….

 

Our sister in law gave us her bread making machine. Remember those?  We had some in the past. Last one we had was the King’s mother… it vibrated off the counter and crashed to the floor, to never be used again. We didn’t know if we should laugh or cry.  That was about 20 some odd years ago.  The King likes making bread.  I use to make a great potato bread 60 years ago. Don’t remember why I quit. Did cinnamon rolls too. I know why I quit that. Took 3 hours for rolls that my kids devoured in 12 minutes flat.

 

So here we are 2021… reading the instructions.. (which is rare for him, as he thinks he knows) …   we gave it a shot Saturday night… read and read the instructions.. read the recipe we decided on. Cinnamon Raisin.. Put the ingredients in the pot.. turn it on… hit menu.. forgot to hit the loaf button, that tells the size… says auto for medium brown. Well, it went to dark.. and also it made a funny sound.. but that passed soon.. 3 FLAMING HOURS later… I popped open the lid (the King gave up an hour before and went to bed) and SURPISE!!...  surprise is an understatement.  I saw why the clanging in the beginning.. the pot had turn side ways..  And I had a dark brown cooked …. Bread?   I got the loaf to drop out.. and on the bottom is still dry flour…It is 11pm. And I am not doing this… So clean up the total mess..  and went to bed.

 

On Sunday morning at 5:30am..it is bugging me.  I think about how the pot did not click in to the lock (which was a bitch to do) and that was my problem..  As I laid there, I thought .. if I get up and try again…. Maybe it will be better.  So I got up, the King had already left to go to his boys club at the Hoot Owl..   For those who don’t live here, it is the  mom and pop type  restaurant down the road from us.   And at early 0 hour.. (5am) the retired guys gather for breakfast or coffee and take care of the worldy problems.

 

So this time, I got the ingredient in the correct order…. (after directions, I see wet comes before dry with yeast not touching wet.).  I figured out the menu part .. so have it on 1 pound loaf, I have it on medium and the right number for the type of recipe. That should help right? 

 

And 2 and half hours later I got……..



No comments: