Monday, August 23, 2021

NOT MY PRESIDENT…

NOT MY PRESIDENT…

 

I am not saying not America’s President… the nations, President..  just not mine..

See I haven’t had my President for quite some time..  Two that come to mind were mine… Kennedy and Eisenhower.

Kennedy was American Royalty… now matter what you say about his family.. actually his parents and siblings.. he was the great hope for America.

His wife and children were the great hope for American’s.

His parents?  Well, his father for all senses and purposes was  a crook politician and not exactly a honest business man.  His mother’s family… was in the thick of Boston politics since the beginning of politics in Mass.  The crookest of politicians..  Why none of that seem to be apparent during the times… in John … I don’t know.  Yes we all know NOW.. what a womanizer (to say the least) he was.  But he had good people surrounding him, bringing Peace Corp and other great programs.

Eisenhower, I liked and still like. One of the only Republicans that I like.  He is the reason why we have such great roads across the nation. He also was about holding the Mexican jumping the border at that time.. I don’t know how he did it with out walls..  but he did.  

On a personal note… I got to see Eisenhower almost on a daily basis for a week, he use to wave at me on my way to work. He was staying on the Newport Nave Bases from time to time, during his Presidency.  He worked out of their Naval College, where war games were played on a huge board. As he and his generals and Admirals worked out the nations foreign polices and etc.  

In fact because of him, I was involved in a walk out protest before we all knew about such things.   It was the first time the President had came to the base.   I was working for the Naval Exchange in the office.  We had been hearing for weeks that he was coming.  Then we found out he was coming on base and driving just a block from where we all worked.   We wanted to go watch him drive by. He was coming at 11am… We talked to our bosses about it.. but it was the over all dept. manager, who got to decide and he said NO… we told him, we would work thru our lunch time, if we could go, so there would be no lost of time.  Still NO.. THEN the day came.. it was 8am.. we were all bummed we could not go… then one daring soul…. (no, not me) who said.. WHY DON’T WE ALL GO?  After all they CAN’T FIRE ALL OF US… we all smiled and said.. I am in.. one after the other… and at 10:55AM… WE ALL LEFT…

It was a glorious feeling …. We all walked the block quietly… and when he came.. we all cheered… and he waved… some of us had cameras…  All I got was the flag on the front of the front bumper… lol..  And then we walked backed to the office.. To be met by the head manager….. who said.. you know .. this will be put in your records….  We didn’t care… WE  GOT TO SEE OUR PRESIDENT.. up close… and it was for weeks later, that I got to wave at him..  He would be out on the lawn of the house he was staying in, hitting golf balls as I walked by at 5 to 7am.. he and his body guards… he saw me, and he waved first… I was beaming…  I didn’t get to vote for him as I was too young. But I did count him as MY PRESIDENT. 

Kennedy was from my neighborhood. Meaning New England.. his wife’s family had a house in Newport.. his kids pony Macaroni was shod by our blacksmith.. So he too, was MY PRESIDENT..  and it tore me apart.. as in San Diego, I heard on the radio that he had been shot. I turn on the television… and there it was.. I almost tore the screen door off the house going out to tell my husband who was talking to the neighbor… screaming.. THEY SHOT OUR PRESIDENT..  To me  that was the start of the end of our country having decency… As they said.. it ended our innocents.

So those of you who voted for Trump and Biden.. you have  YOUR presidents…  and so does the nation… BUT THEY  ARE NOT MINE.. I did not vote for either of them, as I was too young. Being 20 when Kennedy got voted in.. but I sure would have voted for him.  And our country is in disarray for your choices.  Not mine.

 

No comments: