Monday, July 17, 2023

Conversation with a 7 year old

Conversation with a 7 year old

Actually,  he was 6 and 2 days lacking of being 7.. but calling it  7 is close enough.. 

Of lately, I have been watching my two great grandson’s on Thursdays.

And last Thursday there was quite an exchange of conversation with the oldest one.   The youngest turn 4 yesterday.

It seems with him, the new deal is a thing called  MINECRAFT… Now those of you with children probably know exactly what that is.. but when you are an extra generation away.. you don’t.. At least I did not.  This thing called MINECRAFT has come up several times and he had done several drawings of them.   The main thing in drawing one, it has to be squares or rectangles .. and maybe.. triangles.. I think those are in weapons though.. Not sure..  But do know the guy (haven’t seen any gals or maybe there is not genders in this..  This has nothing to do with the latest of adults interfering in children’s games..) it is just that my summation is that it is a monster? Or robot or what ever..

Anyway, in my attempt and his great joy, last week I attempted to learn MINECRAFT.  So the first thing I have to do is draw one.   But first he had me cut out his.. which he drew other things..  swords I think…   So I was cutting out his MINECRAFT guy (for lack of a better word)  And he said .. Nana, you should draw one for you..   So figured what the heck.. I can do this.. That was my first mistake.

I found out that CIRCLES WERE NO NO… NEVER EVER CIRCES  So I drew one which he watched over to see if I was doing it correctly, so he could get me lined out if I varied too far  I gave mine to the little guy so he could play while, but the AUTHORITY GUY… told him that it was incorrect.  So the little  crumble it..  to my horror..  after all I worked on this MINECRAFT. I drew it..  cut it out and I color it…  you can color it.   

So then I drew 3 of them..  was informed only needed one.. And then a little giggled as he said.. that one looks like a cowboy..  So I made it a cowboy of squares and rectangles..   then made a red, white and blue one. And the last one I made was a black and white plaid..  Don’t ask me why… it just was a thought at the time.   Gave the  American guy and the cowboy to little guy… and when the AUTHORITY GUY told him they were not the proper type..  they too got crumbled.  So as I am finishing up the black and white guy,  It is MY MINECRAFT… and that started THE CONVERSATION..  of rules and how to play this..  Which I think is a game.. not really sure.  Maybe I should google it..

Now you got to understand.. when a 7 year old explains the rules and regs to a great grandmother.. it gets frustrating to the 7 years old.  As the Nana ask way too many questions. And also she question the AUTHORITY GUY… as the Nana said something about .. how she thought he might be making up the rules as he went along..   that didn’t go over well..   He told me the rules are the rules..  not one can make them up as you go along.  Then he proceed to tell me more..  And when I did some things and made my own weapons.. he was getting frustrated..  Then he asked me if I was a creator or a survival MINE CRAFT..  which to me being a survival one would be a good option. He then claim he was a creator.. AND THAT HE COULD CREATE ANYTHING… if he was beaten down, he could create anything to get out of it.  And is telling me about an UNDER DRAGON which can kill anything.. but the CREATOR..  I told him that the UNDER DRAGON could not kill the survivalist either..  He said oh, yes he can..  I said.. no.. the survivalist never dies because he survives…  So he gives me a long speech of how the creator can and the survival can’t and when he is done.. I said. But THE SURVIVILIST is a SURVIVOR… and can get out of anything.. he glares at me and says…   YOU JUST DON’T GET IT.. YOU JUST DON’T GET IT..  Well, I did something that is not cool with 7 years olds.. I laughed.. and I laughed. And I laughed..  it was so cute how he was so frustrated with me.. and telling me .. I just didn’t get it..   NOT a good thing.. but he was right..   I  was not getting it.. lol.   He was so frustrated with me.. and getting close to tears..  I had to explain to him.. I was not making fun of him.. and that he was right..  I don’t get it..  And I was sorry for laughing with him.. He reminded me that I was not laughing with him..  because HE was not laughing..  there was more, but not as bad..  as he tried to reach across 3 generations to explain to the  dumb Nana…  but it was FUN.. I had a great time.. and he mellowed out on being the AUTHORITY GUY… 

No comments: