Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Christmas card List

Christmas card List

Nothing like a Christmas card list to let you know you are getting old.

I do my Christmas cards before Thanksgiving.. and then send them out the day before Thanksgiving.. That way everyone gets my card a couple days later…  One time someone asked me why do I send them out so soon.. Told them to get it over with.. for one..  and then I laughed and told them.. well, if I die between Thanksgiving and Christmas…  at least you get a Christmas card from me that year..  Some didn’t think that was so funny.

First off, more and more people are not sending them.. A lot of them are going on Facebook and sending out good wishes to everyone .. all in one swoop..   I can understand that.. as most have a list of 25 or more..  Times that with the 55cents.. it is still 55 cents isn’t it? …per card.. Say nothing about the cost of the cards..  if you buy a box, you might get off with $10.00 if you buy individuals for family that cost you $6.00 and up PER CARD.

So just Christmas cards alone is pretty spendy..  say nothing about the gifts. I don’t send my grandchildren and great grandchild gifts for Christmas anymore..  When you times the great grandkids.. (34 for me) and grandkids.. 3 under the age of 18.…well, it is way beyond our budget.   (So I gave that up when the greats pass the number of 25.   I still do birthdays, but that is spread across the year, so it is affordable, stretched out.)

But anyway.. just dealing with friends..  it is a sad state when you start to address envelopes for friends after you have gone across your list of who sent last year..  Several are crossed off the list, as we have lost friends over the past year.  That is when you are sad and wonder why are you out lasting them.. when you are older than the ones who passed.

 

Good by November..

No comments: