Monday, November 27, 2023

I don’t do Black Friday…

I don’t do Black Friday…

I don’t do Black Friday anymore..  I have done my fair share.. the waiting in the line that is a block long and there were many after us..  at 4am.. as the Walmart was opening at 6am.. in Federal Way or was it Olympia Washington? Would go with my daughter in laws over on the Washington Coast…..I was mostly used  as a runner.. run after one item to grab it, before it was gone, while they went and grab another item before it disappeared…  And then rush to the next one and the next one.. That is after being crushed thru the doors of  Walmart with the rest of the crowd.. 

I did a better job local two years later..  I showed up at 6:15am.. all the people were in the store already.. running around from what was a wide aisle normally, but full of what was on sale..  Tv were down to maybe two.. out of the 6 foot pile that was there that morning. (we saw them getting ready the day before.(with high prices on them, so people wouldn’t buy them until the next morning)

As we walked slowly to see if there was anything of interest..  and most of the time, there wasn’t.  I found that they have several big items Usually big screen tv’s or computers..on sale.. the rest is the stuff they are trying to get rid of before the end of the year, usual junk. 

Now, I don’t even go.. wish my daughter and granddaughter well, and I sit home reading a book or doing something around the house…  Much more peaceful..

Beside a lot of the stores started advertising BLACK FRIDAY PRICES a month ago..  so it is not a big deal anymore.   The adventure of the hunt is gone..  even the paper has down sized their ads to little to nothing. What use to be like 20 ads pages.. was only 3 this year.. 

Like everything else, it not like it use to be..

 

No comments: