Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Here we go again…..

Here we go again….. 

Same problem each year… at this time..  with 12 more shopping days to go..

WHAT THE HELL TO GET EVERYONE… 

With every one, including the King and I… pretty much buying thru the year as you go.

So unless you are lucky… and the King and I aren’t..  you have a idea of a gift to get.  You know the person well, enough that you can buy something and know they DID NOT buy it on Black Friday or Internet Monday shopping.

I did give up giving to great grandchildren for Christmas..   I still give to them on their birthday… because that is spread out thru the year..  But with now 34 great grandchildren and 2  grandchildren left under 18…..  well, you can just imagine..  even if it is money. 

Everyone seems to think it is poor choice or class to give money..  I personally like it as a gift giving..  IT IS ALWAYS …the right color,  IT IS AWAYS.. the right size… AND  I can’t think of one person who doesn’t know how to spend it.. and that is a general gift card.  One store gift card can be hard as they may not shop at that store..  So if you can get a Visa or etc.. that is accepted at any store..  Then it is ideal.. Especially when they can use it at the after Christmas sales.. so get more for their buck. 

I truly, as of this year…  Refuse to even consider giving an actual give.. Already with thru the  …. JUST MAKE ME SOMETHING… gift.. That bomb twice..  funny how some who tell you that.. have a funny look on their faces as they try to say.. OH, THAT IS SO CUTE..   It isn’t.  or maybe it is just me..   The one year, I made stop air stoppers.. It was a skinny clothe bag filled with rice… that is 3 feet long..  You lay it up against your door and the air doesn’t get thru the area..   BOMBED…   then there was the year of … just make a Christmas ornament..  Oh, how cute… and I never saw them put them on the tree after that..    So let’s be honest with each other..  either give me a list of things you would like… or just give it up.. or lowered your ideals and take the gift card.. 

And that is my humble opinion, ladies and gents…  BAH HUMBUG… two more weeks before we can breathe again..

Oh, and the ho ho.. joy time……  again BAH HUMBUG..  ever seen the faces in the stores as they shop,   THOSE ARE NOT… HO HO.. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND JOY TO ALL, faces..

Maybe I should become Jewish.. they don’t do Christmas.. maybe doing Hanukkah.. would be better…  nah, I don’t want to steal another groups religious holiday just because I not happy with my own group’s.

Maybe I should do .. a count down of a blessing each day until it is over..  Let me see..

that is 13 blessings… ....I am blessed… because I have friends and family who seem to like me.. just the way I am.

 

 

No comments: