Monday, February 19, 2024

I.... Hate... PAPER WORK...


I hate paper work.. I hate trying find things…
 

As life slips by I try to keep thing in order.. Fat chance.

As my aunt told me years ago..  PAPER WORK, PAPER WORK.. I HATE PAPER WORK… she was telling me of her dining room table which had stacks of papers on it.. So were junk and a lot of it was stuff she had to do something with it. And even some that had to be filed..  Her daughters came to visit.. and they would go thru the piles with her..  both of them office workers, so an fairly easy chore for them..  And she was SOOOOOOOOOOOO GRATEFUL..   But then in a week or so.. there it was again, she said.  She said she tried to take care of things. as they came in.. but some how, the piles returned. 

Here I am almost 20 years later and I know EXACTLY what she means..  I am not a smart phone person.. I do have a file cabinet.. I do have a file thingie, that I put recipts in for each month as it comes, so at the end of the year I can do taxes. But there is other papers.. that I hang on to..  They are not so important that I need to file them in my file cabinet.  So I have folders on my desk.. and I try to go thru them from time to time to throw stuff away.. But it seems it is a matter of time before I have the folders filing up with “temporary save”

As they become to be known.  And THEN THERE IS THE COMPUTER.. I have so many things saved in my Doc. File.. then there is folders on the desk top.. that are temp holds..and some are just a file..  My head is aching..  WHY CAN’T I BE LIKE MY GRANDSON…  he files EVERYTHING on his phone.. (yes, a smart phone, but remember I flunked that a year ago)  he THROWS AWAY HIS RECIPTS!!  Oh, my God.. how can he verify he paid? Some is on his phone.. some he just doesn’t care..  because no one is going to want to see them anyway..  And I know deep down in my heart he is right..  but my heart and sould won’t let me throw any of them away.. None of them.   When January comes, I have every single recipt for the past year.. I have every bill with the check number, date and amount on it.. I have every single thing I think I MIGHT NEED.    And then there is the going thru each receipt… just in case I put one in that I need for taxes.. Which is crazy as there is less and less they let us use on our income tax..  

So I tell you  … I HATE PAPER WORK.. I HATE PAPERS…FOR ANYTHING.. You know it is sad, when you go thru your file cabinet draw that has the folder for all the booklets for anything you bought..  and find out there is at least 4 that you don’t even own the item anymore..

I feel like that commercial where the old guy tries to break the younger generation.. from becoming like their parents. Making them throw things away.. and etc..  those people is me….   I know sure as hell if I throw it away.. something will come up…  just like as soon as you throw away a tool or etc. you haven’t used for 5 years….  You will need it 3 days later.

And NO I do not do THE CLOUD..  I know it exist, but I have no clue how it works and etc..  AND I DON’T WANT TO KNOW!!!  It is just more information.. to have to take care of..

And I am not going to say anything about spending 4 hours trying to find out what I did with some ancestry paperwork.. as I don’t know where in this house it  is.. and I gave up my account.. and I don’t want to pay just to copy one list!.. That is a whole another area.

 

 

 

 

No comments: