Monday, February 05, 2024

IN SANDPOINT AS IN HEAVEN……

IN SANDPOINT AS  IN HEAVEN……

Our church has a new way to earn money for the kids of the church..  actually I don’t think it is just our church kids.. maybe others as well.. But it is to get funds to pay for summer camp for the kids..  Something that I believe in.   So many kids for the last 100 years have come back with a new lease on life.. Especially those who live in not the nicest of homes.. I do understand there have been some camps that were not the greatest but those are the minority.. the !%.. 

For a lot of kids it is a new opening..  especially those from the cities.. who don’t get the run and play, to play games.. to learn how to swim.  Learn team work…How to shoot a bow and arrow, how to fish.. and so much more... Even how to be lifeguards.  Some even come back in their teens to be instructors or cabin supervisors..  

But the price of camping.. is getting pretty expensive for those who are barely making it thru life..  Summer camp is a luxury for those in low in come.   Having lived in the low income bracket when raising kids in the 1970,,,and 1980,, we did get an opportunity to have the twin boys go to Boy Scouts.  They loved it.. away from their siblings was a treat. And to get to do kid stuff..   We, as a family did camp out.  The old fashion type..  no tent.. certainly no camper and etc.  One time I had to have one of my older son (he was about 10 at the time) make a fire for me…  as we forgot the matches at home..  This was one of the times I camped solo with the kids.. husband showing up a day later when he was off work.   We slept next to the river.. where we got up at dawn and fished for breakfast and etc..   City kids don’t get this opportunity.  So if I can help.. I do.

This year with the church running a shirt and jacket sale for the profits to go to the summer camp..  I was all in.. I got a tee shirt.. but then saw the jackets.. so ordered one of them.

On it has these words…

 

IN SANDPOINT

AS IN HEAVEN…

 

They come in brown, black and navy… I chose black... 

The only concern I had was .. in this day and age,… some people take object to the words.. or not understand..

As it is taken on the words in the Lord’s prayer.. ON EARTH AS IN HEAVEN… 

So if someone says something .. what will be my answer be..

I decide to ask them.. what do they mean when THEY say the Lord’s Prayer?  That maybe they have in mind that they would like the earth be more like Heaven?  Well, maybe there are those of us who want Sandpoint (the town we live in) to be more like Heaven..   where people are treated with kindness and etc.    

 


No comments: