Tuesday, January 30, 2024

WOW.. THAT WENT FAST…

WOW.. THAT WENT FAST…

Is this going to be another fast year?  As this month is just a day away from being over..   I am not going to chance bad karma by saying anything about winter… as we know anything is possible with the weather.. 

But February is just a mere double breathe away.. and dare we say that Spring isn’t far behind?  Oh, no no, I am NOT getting my garden hopes up..  I will just let everything sit there like it has for the past 4 or 5 months..  See a few years ago, it was mid March..and we had weather of sunshine and 50’s.. and my heart skipped a beat.. as I thought.. maybe.. maybe an early spring? So

I went out and I cut down the dead leaves and limbs of my clematis. I took them down to 2 feet.. I took the limbs and threw them away..  I clean out the leaves all over the place.. I redid my fencing wire that I keep them up on the garage wall.. Oh, it looked so fine. The garden floor under, looks so CLEAN..

AND THEN IT SNOWED 5 INCHES.!!!    My CLEMATIS.. my 20 year old and the 15 year old.. that I got so many comments for.. where covered with SNOW. So… no no. no..  I learn my lesson… it will be garden time in April and May.. and not before..

I lucked out.. the clematis came back just fine..  whew.!!!

No comments: