Wednesday, March 06, 2013

8 years ago today...



8 years ago……

2174 post ago….. I was sitting up one night… couldn’t go to sleep…. SoI went and read a couple of blogs… Slight Detour.. and No Holds Bar. (now called Huckleberry’s Online). 

As I finished up Slight Detour, which was run by Marianne Love and art by her brother, Jim… there was a little line on the very top of the page… those famous
words by BLOGSPOT.  

YOU TOO, CAN START A BLOG…. IT IS AS EASY AS 1…2….3….

I thought about it… Dave Oliveria from  No Holds Bar, had told me I should start one.. And I told him, no… I didn’t have enough to say to do a blog. That I was just a word tosser… (mainly towards his way, by emails).

Well, the rest is history… I used the Wordtosser for my name.. and came up with FROM A SIMPLE MIND… because that was pretty much the truth…and still is.  Readers have come and gone.. New ones have signed on.. I change the back drop three times(thank you Toni), I have shorten it from every day to 4 days a week with holidays off.  But have stuck it out for 8 years… At first I gave myself a month… that lead to a year.
Now I figure if I can last two more years… I will call it quits as 10 years is plenty… beside there has been times when I thought I would just flat give it up.  But every time I have had that thought, something would bug that crap out of me…and I ended up typing away…

I have a sweet wonderful woman, name Jo, (I have written about her in the past) who loves my blog. She tells me that she doesn’t know how I can come up with this stuff to write about.  And to be honest with you, I don’t know how I do it either.  Sometimes I look at this blank page, and
figure, ok, this is the day it stops.. then I type an idea.. and off it goes.

I mostly like writing humorous things.. the fun ones are the ones where I can tell on myself.. of my idiotic ideas, that go wrong. Sometimes it is a soap box about what really ticks me off… Sometimes it is something sad that has happen.    But the ones that are the most fun, are the funny
ones… as I love humor … I love the sound of laughter..

And hopefully I make people laugh… leading to one of my favorite phrases that I use… “Well, I leave you laughing”….. that is one of my sign offs when on the phone. Hopefully I have you as well, my dear readers…  So hang in there.. hopefully I can reach my goal.. of 2 more
years.. God willing…



And here is the first post of 8 years ago…
SATURDAY, MARCH 05, 2005
March 5, 2005

Going to try this out... I am just a word tosser... but a lazy one... don't know if I have enough in my mind to do a daily blog. So don't expect much...

1 comment:

Betty said...

Happy Blogiversary. Hope you keep writing for a long time.