Wednesday, March 13, 2013

KNOCK 3 TIMES BAR....


We discovered that a bar was coming to our neighborhood.
No letters from the city or anything kind of notices… it was
a word of mouth type of a deal.

But we aren’t worried about it… so far.. as it appears to be a
Private bar… I call it the “knock three times” bar… after the
3 Dog Night song.  We have been told, that most won’t know
it is there.  That it had been at its former place for a couple years.
on the other side of town. Which none of us were aware of that one.
No signs.. only word of mouth.  Friends, I guess. Same with the one
at the gas station office.

Seems there are two of these. Both of them are and were in an office
corner.  I have never been to either of them. Heck I wasn’t even aware of
either of them until just last month.

I guess both of these people had bought a liquor license sometime in
the past for the city of Kootenai. And the city only allows 2 such licenses.
Goes by how many people live in the city.  We have about 640 now.. With
Annex area, we grew 200. We were 440 for many years.

But because these people paid good money for these license, they
don’t want to let them lapse.  But I guess there is a new (or maybe not
new) rule is that it has to be a working bar in order for them to keep them.
So this one will be open for 4 hours once a week… At least that is the
word we got.

I was upset at first as I thought that the neighborhood should have been
notified… it wasn’t because… the bar is in a commercial area.  Those of
us in the neighborhood thought it was a commercial/industrial area..but
I guess if it is called commercial, a bar can put placed there. See our street
is half commercial (on the west side) and residential (on the east side). So
we don’t have to be notified.

Lucky for us.. this is a low key bar…like I said.. I call it the knock 3 times bar..
Had it been a full fledged neon sign bar, I would be ticked to the maxed..

But it seems unethical for these two places to have a liquor license in an
office corner… blocking anyone else from getting one in our town. Or have
to pay a ransom price, I am sure to buy them out.  Just something about that,
that rings wrong.

But I am happy it is a knock 3 times bar.. as we won’t even know it is here,
(if it is like the former place and other one in town) … so guess I should thank
my lucky stars.  

I guess I could go over and knock 3 times and tell them Joe sent me... lol




No comments: