Tuesday, December 28, 2021

THE UPS AND DOWNS OF OUR YEAR

THE UPS AND DOWNS OF OUR YEAR…

The year started out with the downs of life... within 38 days of the year, The King lost his brother to the side effects of cancer.

As you probably read in the blog we spent many days helping out his widow, dealing with their STUFF.  And still have a ways to go with that…

The ups came at the end of June when we ventured out away from home after a year of hiding with the covid threats.

We went to see our children, grandchildren and great grandchildren…  as you read about our trip in late June and early July… getting to see the famous WOREL BROS. CHAMPION CAR RACE…

The rest of the year was ups and downs with small stuff of life…  But come December … the King and I have both had our share of downs.  As I wrote on my facebook page.

Well, that was embarrassing.. had an ah ha moment of...HELP, I FELL DOWN AND I CAN'T GET UP.. was walking ... well, wobbling out thru the snow which is 3 feet tall in the front yard.. to the bush to put up bird feeder blocks.. half way there, I lost my balance and down I went.. could not stand up, so got on my knees to push up.. one foot went down to almost the bottom (still could feel snow under it) but could not get the other foot under me.. threw a snowball at the window... Ken comes out on the porch and says...WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? .. told him to throw the long handle brush over to me.. and used that as a stick to be able to stand.. finish my trouping out there to the bush.. put the block in the frame... and headed back.. with broom as a cane..

I love the snow.. l love the snow.. keep reminding me . and HELL NO, i DIDN'T DO A SNOW ANGEL...... felt more like the beached snow whale..

And then on Sunday, the King went out to see our daughter and to drop off some cough meds for our grandson. His driveway was impossible to travel, so the King left it with his mother.   In the process of walking down her walkway, he too, took and spill… and with calls out to our daughter, she got a chair for him to help himself stand back up.  Not the best of ways to end the year.

Trouble with falling and luckily (we count our blessings of no broken bones) while not hurt badly, … only damage is the pride or dignity of the fall.  While we kind of pride ourselves with still being spry…it is times like this ..we find ourselves vulnerable.   Guess it is our winter exercise that keeps us going and so far strong……. it is called the snow removal exercise… Shoveling, snow blowing, and plowing.. You poor people down there in the Southern states.. aren’t privy to such a great time… 

 

 

No comments: