Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Online with the Government… not good for me

Online … not good for me

It is time for the King to sign up for his Social Security.

I tried to get an appointment with the SS office. After all the covid deal is over enough that they should have the office open again…NOT…

When I called to get an appt. I was told I would have to make an appt. for a phone interview.  Or go online. Told her that my husband did not do computers at all.

And he isn’t good with filing papers, so I have to help him.  And I am hard of hearing so that doesn’t work out well either.  It took her 3 times to keep her voice up so I can hear her… also I asked her to slow down, as it was hard to understand while I am trying to hear.

But even figuring it out, unless she thought I was faking it..  she would not change her mind.  So I said. Ok we will try our best…  THEN she tells me it will be 2 more months before I could even get on the call list. I told her.. wow.. 2 months… and as she was talking.. I thought who can I get to help us.  So finally I told her we would try to get our family to help us.  It would be faster to do it online..  She said, yes, it would be faster. So told her that is what we would do.

Two days later???  I get an email.. confirming our PHONE APPT 2 months out…. what???  So decided after we get the online done, I would cancel it.. In case it didn’t go well.

So had a talk with our daughter.. and she gets off work half hour before our SS office closes… (then I found out we don’t have to worry about that, as it goes to some office SOMEWHERE) who knows where.

 

So today, she came over, 45 minutes later we had it taken care of…  so now we wait until they tell us to send more paper work…  THANK GOD FOR KIDS.. adult ones anyway…   Thank you … JC Because when it comes go government stuff.. I hate to do online.

 

No comments: