Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Farming, not to bad when you don’t have to..

Farming, not to bad when you don’t have to..

I know those of you out there who are farmers, must think that is a crazy thing to say…  But…..

 You see when the King was younger, he had horses. So he had to hay, it wasn’t a choice it was a necessary. He worked on the railroad but he also had farm to take care of.

So it was a chore that just had to be done.

 Now of late, he has been helping his friend.  Mainly with the upkeep of keeping the tractors and equipment together, enough to get the hay down before the next rain session.

As they say, you have to make hay while you can.

 I know when I was a kid, we had to help with haying. Sitting on the rake and kicking the lever that we were too short to hold and pull on or push all the way. While a parent was pulling the rake with the pick up truck.  And then we didn’t have bales until I was a teenager. So it was throwing the hay on top of the truck, stacking as high as we could. And then got home and threw it up on the stack next to the barn.  My brother and I hated it. 

Yet years later, I went back home to see the folks and it always seem to be haying season.

And for some reason, it didn’t seem like a chore or so bad..  funny when you don’t HAVE TO… it isn’t so bad.  Guess because you know you don’t HAVE TO do it.

No comments: