Wednesday, July 06, 2022

Not feeling the 4th

Not feeling the 4th

Normally I would be either downtown Sandpoint ..set up on the high porch and taking pictures of those who arrive early for the parade.. or I would be in Clark Fork sitting my chair down for their parade to start. With camera in hand... for years 4th of July has been my all time favorite holiday... It was the parades, and then the cook outs with family and sometimes friends.. and then at night Fireworks.. what is not to love about this holiday.. celebrating our nation... But this year... I don't know why... but I just don't feel it. Decided to not do the parades at all.. not doing a cook out.. Even Ken says, nah, I not really into ribs today.. He went fishing for a while. I didn't get a fishing license yet this year...so I am doing Monday wash. I don't know why but this year.... I feel more sad that joy... But hope everyone is not like me.. I wishing you the greatest 4th ever.. enjoy every bit of it.. Maybe next year I will be more in the mood.

Don’t get me wrong.. I LOVE AMERICA.. but I think of America.. not the government but the people.. Just like church.. I don’t count church as the building I go to.. I count church as the Pastor and the people who go there.  Some are better than others.. but as a whole.. they stick together and try to help each other. No matter how many times you come to church or not..

With our country…. AMERCIA..  there are sooooooooooooo many stories of the good. You hear about the 10 year old child who see the homeless.. who goes home and makes sandwiches to hand out with a bottle of water, that they bought with their money .. they earn from mowing lawns. There are women who come along side of other women, when they are in need…be it clothes, food or just someone to listen to them..   And believe it or not, there are rich people who quietly, give money to help others.. So when you see the rappers, with all their gold around there necks and spewing out hatred, there are other ones who are quiet when private.. and help others without taking credit. There so many stories thru this great country of ours..  Sadly the only ones you really hear about are the angry, hateful sad souls who feel so entitled.. 

The government is a necessary evil.. but that is not who America is.. AMERICA IS those who help without credit. Who see a need and help out.  Be it a farmer who got cancer, and yet his fellow farmers take in his crop with out payment.. not even for fuel..  The mankind helping mankind.. But those stories don’t seem to sell papers, or shows. But for the life of me, I don’t know why..

Let’s keep America great.. hold the arm of your fellow country persons.. Help that child, help that woman and man… we all need a hand up during our life time..

AND THAT IS WHAT IS AMERICA… to be celebrated year round.  

 

 

No comments: