Monday, July 25, 2022

A man and his tractor….

                        Man and his tractor….           

 

Now I have not a clue what possesses the King to want a tractor..  But he has had this driving desire for one.

Now you might think I am being a little rough on the old boy… of 70… after all what harm is having a tractor?  Well, we do own land.. but you got to understand.. we own land in a TOWN.. meaning we have a house, two garages, (yes, he needed a bigger garage) and two medium lawns…. Yes, I said two MEDIUM LAWNS..   You know the type that you drive a tractor on and have a heck of a problem turning around, so you back it out? 

But HE HAS TO HAVE IT..   Maybe it brings back the good old days of farming..  Maybe it just a man thing.

But he brought it home on Friday, and he is like a kid with a new toy…  He is power washing it, at 6:30AM…. YES.. AM..  our noise ordnance is 7am… and I reminded him that, when I went out there and gave him the signal to cut it off.  And yes this is an old tractor.. 1990 something I believe. A Massey Ferguson .. It brings him pleasure and so who am I to squash that?

His story is.. he NEEDS this tractor.. he needs it to remove the snow in the winter… Now remember we live in a town..  we have a driveway… I am not good at feet, but it is maybe 6 car long length… AND we have a 4x4 Honda with a plow attachment… that has done the job well, for 11 years.

BUT he says… when we have a really bad winter… I need something more powerful.. to push the snow back towards the alley.  And pile it higher.. (it has a shovel thingie on the front.)

MY THOUGHT IS… OH WELL… because we get one of those heavy snow storms. About every 4 or 7 years.. 

What difference does it make..  he is happy..  and a happy guy with a project … stays out of my hair.

By the way he is getting a good fill of farming the past 2 weeks. He has been helping his long time friend  Randy…(about  40 or so years) with his haying. Randy had a fall with his dog knocking him over. So he isn’t getting around as good as he was..   So Ken volunteered to help him out. As in Idaho… you hay as soon as you can.. as fast as you can… as Mother Nature has a weird sense of humor and timing.  What is the old saying..  Making hay while the sun shines?  So there they are 75 and 70 years old's having fun?














 SO you might be asking.. is this driving me nuts..  well, I would be lying, if I said I was thrilled about it.. but that is how long time marriages go...  it is what it is.. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: