Monday, January 16, 2023

THE JUDGES….

THE JUDGES….

Who are they..  they are we..  all of us..  yes, me included.   We judge ourselves. Some times badly…  kind of our own worse judge of all.

Why do we think from the age of 2 to 70’s.. and some beyond.. that others are ok to judge us.. That we live our lives according to how society, our friends, and family see us and think of us.. Don’t we have a mind of our own. 

And while we are at it.. how about our own judgmental selves.. Judging how others in social should be..  measure up.. judge what they should be doing               TO YOU..  How dare we….  Even those of us who hate to be judge.. find ourselves judging others..   That is one I am working on..  Have for a couple                                               years…    using my go to saying.. NOT MY RODEO AND NOT MY HORSE TO RIDE..  Which I have changed to.. NOT MY RODEO AND  I AM TOO OLD TO RIDE THAT HORSE…   All cutey sayings.. but it is hard, to change a life time of thoughts..   But I am working on it and have gain some ground.

There are those who judge people.. not only by size, or color (which can’t be changed.. it is the luck of the draw of who your parents are)…  When I see some judge the gays…  or transgender and etc..   I ask them.. how many gays have asked you to join their team?  Meaning have they tried to turn you gay,to change your mind set of what gender you want to be..   I have never been asked to be gay.. or join in gay sex…  Maybe I have a put off aura.   But also those who do express negative  attitude towards them..   when I asked them that question.. their answer is…  well, no.. but..   I tell them.. no but about it.. They haven’t asked you to join them.   I get that some are a little over bearing… as there is most of those who are put down get to be.    But for the every day deal..  just let them be…  99.9% just want what you and I want..  a home to live in, food to eat, a car to get from place to place and a job to be able to afford those and a few extras..   Hey, kind of sounds like us..  So let them be..  Oh, yea.. sometimes this is hard because..SOME OF THEM JUDGE us as well. 

Then there is the body shamers..  Why do we feel it is up to us to decide what size they are.. if the color of their hair is not what WE THINK IT SHOULD be?  The clothes they wear..   do we want someone coming to our house and when we get dress.. tell us to go back and change our clothes to what THEY think we should wear?   And colors of clothes..  why is it some flinch when they see reds with pinks..  or any other clothes. I remember in the 1950’s  people would be horrified with red and pink or green and blue together. Now it is accepted… and more..    but we are quick to question others dress styles. What size should not wear what color or that style.

We judge who should be with others..  Gasping because a 5’7” guy is with a 6 foot gal?  

Yes, we are one judgmental society.. and I am sure there are other countries that are just as bad.. so it is the human race, not the nation.

Where did we ever learn that it is ok to be judging others by our own likes and dislikes?   And this is just the tip of the iceberg of what we judge others on.

But I am working on mine…   reminding myself..  not my rodeo.. not my horse to ride..   Different strokes for different folks.

No comments: