Monday, January 23, 2023

MY SPACE….

MY SPACE….

 Always thought I was a good in crowds.. found out that isn’t true anymore..  Well, can’t say I was really good, but pretty fairly good.

But lately..  I have had two incident where I was not only uncomfortable.. but really uncomfortable.   

One was a man who brought his chair up behind mind..  It was a gathering for church in the summer.. We all bring our chairs and sit in the field… with the stage in iu /front of us.  It was a really hot day. The King and I were in what we thought was the last row under a tent area..  But a man came up and put his chair close to mine. So close that his knees were up against my chair back. I could feel them. And when we stood, I could feel him breathing on my hair. .. Creepy was what came to mind..  I am sure the man did not mean anything by it..  I finally stood at a break and moved my chair out in the sun and told the King was wanting to be warmer. 

Yesterday, I was at church and we sit in the chairs against the back wall.  Don’t know why but we just like it there…. When a woman came in front of me, and removed my papers in the seat next to me. She started to give them to the woman on the other side. When I reached and took them.. She gave me a funny look, but never said anything.  And then when we stood to sing.. my jacket pocket was on the other side of the arm, which I had not noticed before.  I reached down to remove it from there, and she glared at me.. I don’t know what I did, but anyway she moved to the front row of the church and found a friend there, as they hugged each other.  I don’t know why, but it unnerved me.. how close she was to me. I didn’t take the arm area (maybe that is why I didn’t notice my pocket was so close.. but she pushed her arm up against me …like she was claiming the arm area..  It made no difference to me.  I am not am arm person anyway.  But her glare  was rude, at first I thought it was me… until we were leaving and the King said to me..  Boy, that woman next to you, sure was rude.. even her looks were rude.  He asked me if I had said something to her.. told him, not a thing.   He said he thought it was weird. ..  he said what if you were saving the seat for someone??  She just walked in, took over.

Guess I am not a crowd person anymore.. lol..

Oh, I like sitting with my back to the wall.. Once in a great while some one will ask about that..  I tell them in my former life, I was a gun slinger and I don’t like to have anyone sneak up behind me.. lol.   I say it with a straight face..  until they look at me, quizzively.

Then I smile..  But I have gotten some funny looks..  I tell them but I don’t believe in reincarnation.. lol

No comments: