Tuesday, January 17, 2023

When another day, isn’t just another day….

When another day, isn’t just another day….

Our weather has been full of doom and gloom.. Not that I am complaining.

Because if you see the news.. you know what I am talking about.  California, is floating away..  from a drought to water .. water… water.. every where. In the rivers, down the roads.. taking chunks out of roads.. and the Northern part is getting 3 feet of snow.. almost daily for a week.. That is in the mountainous area…but people live in those mountains..

Then you have the south..  which is getting tornados left and right.. thru the towns.. taking school, stores and homes with it them.  

SO.. NOPE, not complaining about our weather.. of fog and sprinkles and no sun..   I will take this any time..

But yesterday… I had sunshine in my day.  I went to the physical therapist, in the early hours.. and at 10m, I was picked up by my youngest.. Who lives local. She took me out to lunch..  and then we went to a couple of second hand stores.. just to see what we could see.  First one, I had not been to before. She bought something, but I did not. It was a nice enough store. And very reasonable prices..  Then off to the Goodwill and the Animal Shelter.. Now I am really trying to downsize my stuff.  So was pretty picky.    The only thing I bought for me.. was an angel.. She is for my yard art.. Last year I threw away a lot of my broken pieces..  So she will be a welcome sight in my memorial garden. 

The rest was toys.. for the great grandboys.. they will be surprised to see some of the news stuff..  I had down size their baby toys about 3 months ago. So they have ended up with cars and trucks.. and lego’s…   I got 3 bags of lego type and some Lincoln log type  for them to build stuff.. and a bag of all kinds of small match box type cars and trucks..  All of about $8 in total.  Even got some small puzzles for them.. 30 piece and 40 piece..  So that should entertain them.

But what made the day a great day, was just hanging out with my kid..  My adult kid…  my baby of the family..  just a nice quiet lunch.. and going to different places..  My legs didn’t do so well, but made it thru the day… We can’t wait for summer time where we can be outside..  a nice cup of coffee, the view at the beach or where ever..  As we go thru life…  it gets busy.. so it is nice to take a day.. time out and enjoy each other

No comments: